Home town legal services in a large city
At Casteel & Carson, legal resources for Estate and Tax Planning, Real Estate Law, Business Law, Elder Law, Conservatorships and Guardianships, and Personal Injury are our strengths. We work with you to handle these complex and technical aspects of life, providing a remedy when it is needed and the guidance to foresee and prevent future problems.
Casteel & Carson are your neighborhood lawyers
We have been serving clients throughout the general Portland, Oregon, area from our Hollywood District Office for more than 30 years. This area includes Multnomah County, Clackamas County, and Washington County.
We welcome your questions and concerns regarding a wide variety of legal matters. We are easy to reach for a quick appointment, and we are the kind of office where you can feel welcome to just stop by to see if we are available at any time. We recognize the importance of having your matters handled without delay.
At Casteel & Carson, the lawyers personally handle your matter or case, using legal staff and assistants as appropriate and not as substitutes for experienced legal counsel.
Everyday problems solved by expert lawyers
What stage are you at in life? Have you been thinking about how to pass your assets on to the next generation without unnecessary costs or taxes? Do you know the difference between a will and a trust? What happens when you have more than one name on bank accounts? If you are young, have you provided for your family in case of your untimely death? Are you ready to start that new business with a fantastic idea? How about reaping the rewards of a productive life? Investing in real estate could provide income in your golden years and we can help guide you through the paperwork.
Casteel & Carson are the lawyers that help in all those areas, right in your own neighborhood. With our firm, you get the winning edge of 30+ years of experience from an AV-Rated firm. An AV rating from Martindale Hubbell reflects the organization's highest rating of legal ability based upon a survey of other practicing attorneys. We have been recognized by peers as legal professionals that follow strict ethical standards and are acknowledged for our high legal ability.
Casteel & Carson provides small town service in a big city. We work right in your neighborhood, not in a stuffy building downtown. We don’t pretend making the law more complex than it needs to be. We provide down-to-earth counsel and provide advice in words you can understand. We look at your entire picture and help you determine the best course of action. We explore all the issues of your case to provide comprehensive advice, which can often include alternatives to expensive legal involvement.
We treat all your problems with the personal care they deserve. We are professional, but behave neighborly.
Casteel & Carson practices law in the following areas:
- Estate and Tax Planning - wills and trusts, powers of attorney, advanced medical directives, inheritance tax and federal estate tax planning, probate avoidance, estate administration - judicial and non-judicial
- Real Estate Law - residential/commercial sales, document preparation, foreclosures, helping people sell their houses, real estate investments
- Business Law – business transactions, new entity/business formation (Corporation, LLC, Partnership), commercial collections
- Elder Law - Medicaid Planning, Elder Abuse, Special Needs Trusts
- Conservatorships and Guardianships - exploring options to help clients in determining the need for, and when necessary, establishing appropriate protective proceedings
- Personal Injury - all types of injuries and accidents, including auto accidents, wrongful death, negligence claims of all types
Please call us today to address your Estate and Tax Planning, Real Estate Law, Business Law, Elder Law, Conservatorships and Guardianships, and Personal Injury needs